Last Updated: January 14, 2021
Table of Contents
- Information Collection
- Information We Collect Directly Through Our Website
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Information We Collect Through Cookies or Similar Technologies
- Opting Out of Behaviorally Targeted Advertising
- How to Control Cookies
- Links to Other Websites and Widgets
- Information We Share for Servicing
- Information We Share with Third Parties to Provide Services
- Choices to Limit Sharing
- Access to Personal Information
- Confidentiality and Security
- Not Intended for Children
- Contact Us
- Information Collection.
We collect information from you when you provide information directly to us through our website and automatically through your use of our website, including using cookies or similar technologies.
- Information We Collect Directly Through Our Website.
We collect your personal information on our website when you:
- Register for an account;
- Conduct transactions and participate in video calls;
- Submit a form or transmit other information to us;
- Email us;
- Subscribe to receive email from us; or
- Complete website surveys or feedback.
Personal information includes any information that identifies you. Some examples of the personal information that we may collect include:
- First and Last name;
- Home address, including street address, city, state, and Zip code;
- Mobile telephone number;
- Billing profile ID; and
- Any other information you provide us, such as information related to your home repair or maintenance needs.
We will use this information for the reason for which it is provided and the purposes identified in our privacy policies or notices.
We primarily retain and use your personal information while your account is active or as needed for providing our products or services. We will also use certain forms of your personal information to provide account management services, authentication, product or service personalization, product or service improvement, and direct product or service marketing. Our website will never access or store credit card information or other sensitive payment information. Certain personal information may be used to associate our users with their corresponding payment profiles held by our business partners to provide our users convenience options regarding payment methods.
Additionally, we may retain and use your information as required or permitted by law, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
- Information We Collect Automatically.
We gather certain information automatically using online technologies whenever you use our website, send us an email, or interact with our emails or advertisements. These technologies include cookies, logs, web beacons, tags, scripts, local storage, and others. We may use these technologies for providing our products or services, security, authentication, analytics, product or service improvement, advertising, fraud detection, tracking your movement around our website, or similar purposes.
We may automatically collect certain information from you, including internet protocol addresses, anonymous device ID, browser information, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, operating system, session ID, date and time stamp, geolocation, click or touch stream data, movement, scroll, and, in some cases keystroke activity. We use this information to:
- Conduct website analysis;
- Recognize your browser or device;
- Remember your preferences and interactions;
- Collect information about our website usage and email responses; and
- Log activity on our website.
- Information We Collect Through Cookies or Similar Technologies.
We use third-party cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to collect information and technical data, like your internet protocol address, operating system, or session ID. We share this information with our business partners to manage our online advertising and to recognize visitors’ computers and devices. This allows us to render relevant ads to you. This is referred to as behaviorally-targeted, or interest-based, ads.
Our third-party partners also use such technologies for website analysis and to manage the effectiveness of our ads placed on other websites. We do not store your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any sensitive personal information in these cookies or similar technologies. The companies that distribute our ads are only permitted to use or share your information for marketing our products and services.
We use local storage, such as HTML5 or Flash Cookies, to store content information and preferences. Our business partners who provide certain features on our website or display advertising based upon your web browsing activity may also use HTML5, Flash Cookies, or similar technologies to collect and store information.
- Opting Out of Behaviorally Targeted Advertising.
If you wish, you can opt out of interest-based advertising at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. Please note that you may continue to see generic or non-targeted ads from these companies after you opt-out.Our websites and apps do not respond to “do not track” requests.
- How to Control Cookies.
- Links to Other Websites and Widgets.
Other companies or organizations may have links to their websites on our webpages. Our website may also include social media widgets, such as the “share this” buttons and links to third-party websites, like Facebook and Twitter. These features may collect your IP address and the page you visited on our site. These features also may place a cookie or use similar technologies to enable these features to function properly. We are not responsible for how these third parties collect, use, disclose or secure the information that you provide to them. Please read their privacy policies so you can learn how their websites use your information.
- Information We Share for Servicing.
When you buy a product or service, we may share your information with other Nationwide companies or our business partners for business purposes, such as servicing your product or service, conducting research and analytics, developing our website, and conducting surveys, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. They may track and keep aggregated visitor information.
We also share and disclose your information for everyday business and servicing purposes, and as permitted by law. You cannot opt out of these. Some examples include:
- Processing and scheduling in-home repair services that you request;
- As required by law, such as responding to a subpoena or governmental requests;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request; and
- Disclosing your information in connection with the sale or purchase of a business.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified by email or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Information We share with Third Parties.
We may sometimes share your information with third parties or partners or other Nationwide companies for general business purposes. For example, we use a third party to process payments made to us. You will then be subject to the privacy policies and terms of those partners. Finally, we may obtain information from our partners relating to your uses or feedback relating to those products or services.
- Choices to Limit Sharing.
If you would like to discontinue receiving marketing emails from us, you may do so by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you.
- Access to Personal Information.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us. You may access and correct your information by logging into your account through the website.
- Confidentiality and Security.
We use reasonable physical and technical safeguards to protect your personal information, both during transmission and storage. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information. No method of transmission over the internet, including by email, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee its security.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We require our business partners to use your personal information only for our purposes and for the purposes we outline in our privacy policies and notices.
- Not Intended for Children.
Our websites are not intended for children ages 13 and younger. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have questions or concerns relating to collection of personal information relating to children, you may contact us using the information found in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Contact us.
NW Next, LLC
One Nationwide Plaza
Columbus, OH 43215